Wren High School
Advisory Module #1 – January 28, 2020Objectives:
- Students will choose a major (each student picks one of the 28 majors offered)
- Individualized Graduation Plan (IGP) is developed for student major
- SCOIS Career Assessment Results (each student has been given the assessment)
- Students Choose Electives for next academic year based their IGP
- Students Review their Transcript
Application of SCOIS Assessments at Wren High
Wren High uses the assessment results to help students explore their options and better prepare for their future. Through our CAPS program the SCOIS Career Planning System is the avenue that was chosen to assess our students, help them prepare for their future and offer them career options.Advisory Module #2 – March 12, 2020Objectives:
CAPS Conferences – March 19, 3:30 p.m. - 6:30 p.m., March 20, 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.Parents approve IGP and final course listing for next academic year with a conference with the student’s advisor.
- Review of Course Requests for next academic year
- Prior to Module #2 the students have had a one-on-one session with a school counselor to register for courses for the next academic year. At this time, the student reviews and approves his/her IGP.
- Students confirm that their course requests are correct by signing and returning them to the counselor.
· Prior to the CAPS Conferences each advisor has made specific meeting times with parents
· During the CAPS Conferences the parent reviews, approves, and signs the final course request and IGP for the next school year.