Weight Room Rules
* The number one concern in the weight room is SAFETY.
* Enter the weight room mentally and physically ready to work.
* Proper Attire must be worn while Lifting.
* There is absolutely no horseplay allowed in the weight room.
* Return all weights to their proper storage area after use.
* Be aware of other lifters whom you are around.
* Always use common sense. If you see potential danger, please report it.
* Always wear a weight belt in all core lifts or when lower back is stressed.
* Breathe in and out on each repetition.
* Never bounce, Jerk the weight, or arch your back while lifting.
* Only use the amount of weight you are prepared to lift properly.
* Never attempt "one shot lifts" you have not trained for.
* Use collars on all Olympic bars.
* Do not drop or throw weights on the floor.
* Unload bars (evenly) when you are finished with them.
* Use a spotter with core and overhead lifts.
* Never get under the bar without a spotter.
* When two or more weights equal one weight, change to that higher plate.
* Spotters must always have their full attention on the lifter.
* Be in the ready position to help or free the lifter at any time.
* Do not allow the bar to tilt as the lifter performs the exercise.
* Use an over/under grip when spotting the bench press.
* Help guide the bar on and off the rack.
Weight room etiquette
* No sitting allowed (except while performing certain lifts).
* Always be ready to help and encourage anyone who may need help.
* Socializing should be done outside the weight room.
* You must get permission before leaving the wt. room for any reason.
* No food or drink is allowed in the weight room.