VERIFYING YOUR PAY AND DEDUCTIONS
Now that we are in the new school year, all employees have received their first pay check for the 2016-2017 Fiscal Year. This year everyone received a pay increase! All salary schedules were increased and you may also have received a step increase for your experience. You received a step increase as long as you worked at least 152 full time days last school year and were not already at the top of the pay scale.
The Payroll and Benefits Departments have reviewed your pay and deductions thoroughly and will continue to review these on a regular basis. We will make any retroactive changes as necessary. However, it is your responsibility to notify us immediately of any discrepancies you may find by going to ESS and reviewing your pay stub! Please e-mail Tami Bishop, Payroll Administrator, at email@example.com for questions regarding your pay. Please e-mail Rikki Brown, Benefits Administrator, at firstname.lastname@example.org for questions about your deductions and benefits.
TO VERIFY YOUR PAY:
1) Please print the salary schedule for your position. It can be found at http://www.anderson1.org/Page/210 .
2) Please log into Employee SelfServe: https://ess.anderson1.k12.sc.us/
If you are having difficulty accessing your account, please refer to the following ESS Instructions link: http://www.anderson1.org/Page/20892
3) From ESS, please print your pay stub by clicking on Home-Task, Payroll Actions, and Check Inquiry. You will see your check history. Click anywhere on the line of the check you want to see. This will pull up another box with your pay stub. To print, click on the printer icon in the upper right hand corner of the pay stub box.
4) Please carefully review and verify your pay stub with the salary schedule! Be sure you are checking your GROSS PAY (before taxes and deductions) on your pay stub.
- If you are paid Monthly, divide the Annual amount on the salary schedule by 12. (Keep in mind the salary schedules are based on 190 days, so if your contract is different, you will need to divide by 190 and multiply by your contract days to arrive at your Annual amount).
- If you are paid Bi-weekly, as maintenance or a custodian, divide the Annual amount on the salary schedule by 26.
- If you are paid Bi-weekly, as a bus driver, divide the Annual amount on the salary schedule by 22.
- If you are paid Bi-weekly, as nutrition service employee, multiply the hourly rate on the salary schedule by the number of hours you work per day and then multiply this by your contract days to arrive at an Annual amount. Divide this Annual amount by 22.
5) Please carefully review and verify your Leave Balance. Click on Home-Task, Personal Actions, Leave/Time Off Actions, and Leave Balance. Your new Annual Leave days for the 2016-2017 school year will show under the Column Current Earned. If you are new to the district and transferred from another school district (or state entity), please be sure your transferred days appear under the Column Prior Year Balance. Your transferred days will be split into (20%, up to 10 days) Accumulative and (80%) Cumulative.
6) Please carefully review and verify your deductions. Click on Home-Task, Payroll Actions, and Deductions Inquiry. If you are new to the district this school year and you transferred from another school district (or state entity), your benefit deductions will not occur with us until your September check.
TO VERIFY YOUR BENEFIT DEDUCTIONS:
You can verify monthly premium amounts at the following two links:
Health, Dental, Dental Plus, Vision and SLTD
Life insurance & Dependent Life Spouse
For questions about other optional annuity or supplemental policies, please e-mail Rikki Brown, Benefits Administrator, at email@example.com
Deduction Code Details:
1) Effective 7/1/16, the State increased the mandatory employee Retirement Contribution Rate from 8.16% to 8.66%.
2) The FICA & Medicare combined rates are 7.65%. The 7.65% percent is calculated based on FICA Wage rather than Gross Wage. FICA Wage is less than Gross Wage by any of the following deductions. (Pre-tax…Health, Dental, Optional Life, Spending Accounts and all associated fees).
3) If you have over $50,000 in Optional Life insurance with the State and participate in the pretax benefit, you will have two deduction codes for this. The premium that applies to the first $50,000 is under OPTL/N(non-taxable) and the remaining premium is under OPTL/T(taxable).
4) The ID Codes for your payroll deduction are as follows:
PRETAX-Pretax feature administration fee
BCBS/N-Blue Cross/Blue Shield Health (Non-taxable)
BCBS/T-Blue Cross/Blue Shield Health (Taxable)
TRIC/T – Tricare Supplement (Taxable)
TRICAR – Tricare Supplement (Non-taxable)
HSA-Health Savings Account
HSP-Health Savings Plan (Non-taxable)
HSP-T-Health Savings Plan (Taxable)
DEN+/N-Dental Plus (Non-taxable)
DEN+/T-Dental Plus (Taxable)
EYEMDN-EyeMed Vision (Non-taxable)
EYEMDT-EyeMed Vison (Taxable)
OPTL/N-Optional Life (Non-taxable)
OPTL/T-Optional Life (Taxable)
DPL/CH-Dependent Life Child
DPL/SP-Dependent Life Spouse
SLTD-Supplemental Long Term Disability
TSUR/N-Tobacco surcharge (Non-taxable)
TSUR/T-Tobacco surcharge (Taxable)
DF401K-State Deferred Comp 401K Plan
DF457-State Deferred Comp 457 Plan
INSTAL-SCRS Installment Payments (Taxable)
INST2-SCRS Installment Payments (Non-taxable)
MP/DC-Money Plus Dependent Care Account
MP/MS-Money Plus Medical Spending Account
SPEND-Spending Account Admin. Fee
HSAFEE - Health Savings Account Admin. Fee
Optional ASD#1 Policies:
UNUM-A – Unum short term disability and/or group critical illness and/or accident insurance and/or whole life
UNUM Life – Unum life and AD&D insurance
NWA-National Worksite ADVG (Whole Life and 529 Plan)
UHC VIS-United Health Care (Vision Plan)
FS529 - Future Scholar (529 Plan)
Optional ASD#1 Annuities:
AXA-AXA Equitable (Annuity)
HOMANN-Horace Mann (Annuity)
HMROTH - Horace Mann (Roth 403b)
AXAROT - AXA Equitable (Roth 403b)
EJROTH - Edward Jones (Roth 403b)
FUNDSC - Edward Jones (Annuity)
SCU- State Credit Union
HMAUTO - Horace Mann (Auto Insurance)
LEVY- Federal or State Levy on Wages
JURY P-Jury Pay