All students will be REQUIRED to attend the following concerts:
1A and 5B classes will sing at Siloam on Sunday, December 9, 2018 at 10:30am.
December 15, 2018 (Saturday) 6:00pm – Winter Concert
May 4, 2019 (Saturday) 6:00pm – Spring Concert
Additional dates are REQUIRED for Concert and Show Choirs:
November ??, 2017 Veteran’s Day assembly DURING school hours.
December 10, 2017 AM and PM concerts
Baccalaureate and Graduation – Dates to be announced.
Students who do not attend a required concert will be given an alternate assignment from Mrs. Adams.
Chorus sponsored events that are recommended for attendance:
First annual “Tri-M Music Honor Society” Induction. Students who qualify will receive an invitation to be inducted. TBA
January 13, 2018 – Miss PVHS pageant – fundraiser for Chorus. Times to be announced.
March 10, 2018 – Mr PVHS pageant – fundraiser for Chorus. Time to be announced.
Last weekend of April/ first weekend of May – date and time to be given later – Relay for Life – chorus sings during the Luminaria Walk.
For STUDENTS AND AUDIENCE
On the risers –
- No gum.
- No talking or moving around.
- No waving to the audience.
- No leaning on the back railings.
- No leaving the risers unless there is an emergency.
- You must be dressed in complete uniform.
- Do not come on the risers if you are late to a performance.
- Focus on the director!
In the audience –
- Please refrain from talking during songs.
- Please remember that parents are watching their child and would like to be able to see and hear their child.
- If it is necessary to leave during the concert, or to come in late, please exit and enter during applause, not during a song. (This does not apply to chorus members. Chorus members should not leave for any reason).
- Please remember this is a FORMAL event. Calling out and cheering is not appropriate. Applause and standing ovations are welcomed. J
- If you are recording or taking pictures, please do so, but remember other audience members are behind you.
- Please try to clean up as you leave the auditorium. Please take all programs and other items with you as you leave.